Intelligentsia Purgatory

Here lies an individual desiring to reach a place of total written implosion, where a new individual is created driven to deliver prose worthy of reading....

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Inevitability

Resistance is Futile

Standing on the precipitous edge,
focused only on the sun, moon,
longing for the end approaching,
enjoying the running of warm blood
from recently slit wrist, mine,
31, 32, 33, 34, 35 seconds pass,
gasp, grasp bathroom sink to maintain balance,
betrayed by a love, phallic in nature,
physical in form, gone as quick as it came,
leaving self to blame for swift departures,
unsteady heart flutters caused by too many
discussions concerning becoming a mother,
106, 107, 108, 109, 110 seconds since the last utterance,
destruction is the final step,
loved him with all I had left,
my name…
…modern day Juliet

6 Comments:

Blogger MagicalSis said...

hmmmm...what is it that put her over the edge? how can some folks deal with so much and persevere and some have to leave?

i love shakespeare!

please tell me about the ring in your pic. it is so amazing.

oh don't forget to tell me about "breaking me off."

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...this is intense! "modern day Juliet"- I got that!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

wow very intense, thanks for stopping by my blog. How else would I have gotten to read this, very talented :-)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Fierce and I love it!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

"destruction is the final step,
loved him with all I had left,"

i sooooooo know this feeling...almost been there...almost been there...

11:31 PM  
Blogger Xave said...

oh wow!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home