Intelligentsia Purgatory

Here lies an individual desiring to reach a place of total written implosion, where a new individual is created driven to deliver prose worthy of reading....

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hurricane

Window pane vibrating, shaking
blast, mother nature banging against
what is left of my essence,
drowning standing up,
kneeling down asking for forgiveness,
gasping for air,
each swallow attempting to separate the
oxygen, oxygen from hydrogen,
trying to make sense of “why” you are no longer here,
burning brain cells contemplating the “if’s”,
the flame of my soul nearly extinguished,
friends say its meaningless to continue wishing,
pointless to beg God to bring you back,
earning me scabbed knees with no reward
for my prayers,
only tattered memories remain marking the time
between the day we met and the night you left…

6 Comments:

Blogger MagicalSis said...

sad but beautiful, luv.

7:07 PM  
Blogger bRandy said...

this was really nice...i felt it. thanks for stopping by my spot--i am glad i hit yours...i will be back, and you feel free to stop back through mine anytime. I see you are an attorney in dallas...i am moving to d/fw soon to start law school...seems we may have some things to talk about :)

5:52 AM  
Blogger my coffee is always said...

feeling you on that one.. was once there...
thir13teen...

1:09 PM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

Reading this I felt your words thundering and the title is perfect for this piece

9:43 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

"trying to make sense of “why” you are no longer here,
burning brain cells contemplating the “if’s”,
the flame of my soul nearly extinguished,
friends say its meaningless to continue wishing..."

NICE! i have a special friend who leaves me feeling this way almost every time we interact...i wouldn't change that feeling for anything in the world...

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is beautiful.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home