Intelligentsia Purgatory

Here lies an individual desiring to reach a place of total written implosion, where a new individual is created driven to deliver prose worthy of reading....

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Looking Inward

She, such the staunch conservative,
picky like fingers,
possessing an unencumbered spirit,
free to choose, not to keen to being chosen,
rarely taken advantage of,
having been unexposed to love, true or otherwise
finally realized, while shopping at Tiffany’s for
a lamp similar to the one resting on her Grandmother’s
favorite bedroom night stand…

…damn, “what good is love if you keep it to yourself?”

Answer…, “why love a man when loving myself feels
so good,” point made, point understood!

6 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

"what good is love if you keep it to yourself?"

"Answer…, why love a man when loving myself feels
so good,"

HELL YEAH!!!! i think love is definitely best when it's shared. but i also understand how easy (and safe) it is to keep it to yourself. i will also be one of the first to testify that self-love is the BEST love, but i don't mind a little "help" every now and then either! ;)

9:36 AM  
Blogger bRandy said...

i like this...i can definitely see both sides of the issue, though. oh, and by the way, i left you a reply comment on my blog in response to the comment you left me...the "he" is a "she"...the one in the picture with the yellow shirt on that you commented on a while back...she is the "you"... :o) there's an update for ya!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking said...

OMG, you nailed it with this one girl, I totally agree with you. With or without a man in the picture I love myself more although it would be nice to have one now, but regardless i'm happy with my own skin and loving it more and more as I get older.

9:45 AM  
Blogger MagicalSis said...

well now, i spent a lot of time learning to love myself and becoming quite comphy in my own skin.

i can be alone and do fine. however, being alone teaches me just that, how to not need anyone.

now it is time to learn how to be in a successful relationship and the only way to learn, for me, is by doing.

i think we do have to give it away to keep it.

6:39 AM  
Blogger SLUMP FACADE said...

Now you know without loving a man you won't feel complete;? Stop ranting...

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is nice! I like it!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home